Saturday, January 5, 2013
Defining the bedroom- part 2
The 5 photos above nicely represent the process for defining the bedroom. Below is the snapshot of events.
1. The night I moved in, I didn't have a proper bed because I hadn't had a proper bedroom in 5 years. I tried to sleep my 5 ft sofa......bad idea. Then I moved to a sleeping bag on the hardwood floor.....an even worst idea. The next night, I ran to BB & B and purchased an Aero....that lasted one week.
2. My aunt purchased a Serta mattress and after sleeping on it for a month, she decided to upgrade to a Sleep Number. I quickly jumped on the opportunity to purchase the $1k full size mattress at the "family rate". This is the most comfy bed I've ever slept on! No regrets! I enjoy every night of sleep. A good mattress equals good sleep.
3. For a week, the mattress laid directly on the floor. This got old quickly. I began my search for a bed frame! I hit up all the local furniture shops and even did an online search.
4. I picked up a pair of shiny lamps from West Elm. And I painted the walls "American White"-(same color I had in the studio).
5. I decided on the Ella bed frame from Room & Board. I feel grown up! The bed feels even better on a frame.
Of course, I am not finished with the bedroom. Heres what's left:
1. Eventually, I'd like to upgrade from IKEA cabinets to true bedside tables.
2. Add artwork over the bed.
3. Sooner than later, I would like figure out bedding-either a duvet or blanket.
4. Add a tv for HGTV before bed (undecided).
5. Paint bulkhead (undecided).